16 September 2006

Serendipity




















I saw this technique in one of my favorite craft magazines, "papercraft ESSENTIALS". Basicly, you rip up pieces of paper and glue the pieces randomly and ---- Serendipity! The technique is described in full at www.createforless.com/advice/tech_serendipity_paper.asp

I was trying to think of something unique to give as gifts to some family members back in the US and frames using this technique for these pictures of the sweetest girl in the world seemed well--Serendipity!

I rescued the following items from the bin:
-paper (from the recycling bin at the library)
-cereal boxes and the like (4 thicknesses of cardboard for each part of frame, 1 thickness for "embellishments")
-bottle caps

I also used:
-decoupage finish (as glue and sealer)
-transparency film (for the "glass")

I used digi-scrap kits from the following sites to print out coordinating embellishments and papers to tear up.
www.citrusblossoms.com
www.shabbyprincess.com
www.scrapgirls.com

2 comments:

PdB said...

They look great, Kristin! I admire your resourcefulness.

Rebecca Jasso said...

one thing i would recommend, as recipient of frame...

maybe put a ribbon on end of stand and attach to frame so the stand doesn't collapse.

but i love it, and i miss you.

www.osbickbird.blogspot.com