26 January 2007

Saved from the Bin---Noble Steeds for Virtuous Princesses

I know two little girls who got ponies for Christmas!


Alex rides her horse on Christmas Day


















Playing princesses. The horse is dressed in some of Deborah's clothes.




















About a year ago our broom broke beyond repair, but I couldn't bear to throw it away. After a couple months of seeing it every time I went to get the new broom, aha! I saw it for the horse it was meant to be.


Alex and Deborah are always playing princesses, and of course what princess doesn't need a Noble Steed?

Alex's Noble Steed (green):
Head: Old pillowcase with old bedsheets as stuffing.
Mane: Strips of fabic from an old pair of Jason's trousers and left over fabric from making the horse's head
Body: Old broom handle
Hoof: Tennis ball covered with pillowcase fabric

Deborah's Noble Steed (pink):
Head: New pillowcase with old bed sheets as stuffing.
Mane: Strips from an old pair of dish washing gloves and ribbon from the craft stash.
Body: New broom handle
Hoof: Tennis ball covered with pillowcase fabric



I have to say that my favorite of the Disney Princess Movies is Cinderella. (Beauty and the Beast is a close second.) Here are just a few reasons that come to mind.
-The king invites all the maidens of the kingdom to the ball, not just the ones of noble birth. (Sounds like another King we know.)
-Cinderella is kind and loving despite her treatment by her step mother and step sisters.
-Cinderella faces adversity with hope and joy
-"So this is love....I'm all aglow. And now I know; what the kingdom of heaven is like." (Earthly, romantic love points to the perfect love of God.)

I pray that my two favorite princess will continue to grow in their love of our King and show forth his kingdom in all the world!

No comments: